Principal Investigator: Peter Ohlhausen, President, Ohlhausen Research, Inc. www.ohlhausen.com
Senior Analyst: Megan Poore, MS, Research and Workforce Analyst, GSX
Subject Matter Expert: Daniel McGarvey, Director, Security Programs, GSX
Technical Advisor: Lance Anderson, PhD, Workforce Solutions Practice Director, GSX www.gskillsxchange.com
The research team wishes to express its gratitude to the ASIS Foundation for its generous financial support of this project. In addition, the team thanks the many individuals who provided invaluable insights and other assistance with this project:
- Dr. Linda L. Florence, PhD, CPP, Foundation Board President
- Barbara Buzzell, Foundation Director
- John C. Cholewa III, CPP, Project Monitor
ASIS Foundation Research Council
- Mary Lynn Garcia, CPP, Research Council Chair, Principal Staff Member (ret.), Sandia National Laboratories
- Professor Martin L. Gill (2008-2013 Research Council Chair), Director, PRCI Ltd.
- Dr. Mark H. Beaudry, CPP, Senior Security Professional
- Francis A. Bouchier, PMP, Principal Staff Member, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dr. James D. Calder, CPP, Professor, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Glen Kitteringham, CPP, MSc, President, Kitteringham Security Group Inc.
- Dr. Stephen Sloan, Professor Emeritus, University of Oklahoma
- Dr. Norman Spain, JD, Professor, Safety, Security & Emergency Management, Eastern Kentucky University
Project Advisory Board
Chairman: Brig. Gen. (ret., USAF) Jim Shamess, CPP, President, 5D Pro Solutions, LLC; Member, The Spectrum Group
- Chris V. Berg, Senior Director, Global Security, Symantec Corporation
- Kort L. Dickson, Corporate Security Director, Perdue Farms
- Raymond H. Musser, CPP, Staff Vice President, Security, General Dynamics Corporation
- Jeff M. Spivey, CPP, PSP, President, Security Risk Management, Inc.; Vice President, Risk IQ; Past President and Chairman of the Board, ASIS International
Project Expert Panel
Chairman: Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, Senior Director, Corporate Security, Purdue Pharma LP; 2014 President, ASIS International
- Frode Bakken, Head of Corporate Security, Norsk Hydro ASA
- Klaus Heerwig, Senior Associate, Booz | Allen | Hamilton
- Matthew D. Hollandsworth, CISSP, CPP, Director of Security, SOS International Ltd.
- Mark F. Leary, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Charles S. Phalen, Jr., Vice President, Corporate Security, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Michael J. Porturica, DGSD Security, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Natalie D. Runyon, CPP, Director, Global Security, Thomson Reuters
- Marshall C. Sanders, CPP, Executive Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Cloud Security Strategies
- James L. Snodgrass, CPP, ISP, Director of Security, BAE Systems Land & Armaments
- Gregory C. Thompson, Security Manager/FSO, General Dynamics Corporation
- Richard S. Weaver, Chief Security Officer, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Aaron S. Wolfgram, Security Manager, Global Security, Thomson Reuters
Jay C. Beighley, CPP, CFE; Keith Blakemore, CPP; Michael Bruggeman, CPP; John Frost; Bernard Galea; Adam Harting; Gregory Jarpey, PSP; Jordan Johnson, CPP,PCI, PSP; Michael Keenan; Kert Keller; Valerie O; Johnson Ogbum; Dan Sauvageau; Teresa Stanford, CPP; and Eric Stapp.
Metrics Working Group of the ASIS Defense and Intelligence Council
This group provided much of the initial impetus for the project.
Thanks are also due to the 297 security professionals who participated in the project's online survey.